In order to keep myself more organised with script-work and The Mighty Dragon website I have started a Bujo – that’s a bullet journal to normal folk. How I have not got into this years ago is beyond me – its brilliant! There’s plenty of bullet journal videos on YouTube to get you started if you’re interested – but really its your area to be a little creative and not limit yourself or your bullet/task lists to someone else’s design’s. What I do like about it is that you can change the theme per month, per page – the world’s your oyster!
As a beginner bullet-er (or whatever we are referred to) I am listing quite modest generic monthly ambitions (writing and non-writing) – I do not intend to get very specific with measurable stats as that will always fail, being more generic works, if I can’t achieve any of this in one month it can easily be shifted forward.
As a writer I wanted to get some solid goals behind me – specifically for Bertie’s next episode but also broaden my knowledge of other writers, studying scripts and diving into more fabulous stories, in paper and audio book. The Mighty Dragon goals are consigned in secrecy to the bujo!
November/December saw me finish episode one (again!) and submit it into BBC Drama – I then took a few weeks break over Christmas but now raring to go again and get my thoughts outlined.
January writing/studying goals:
- Finish EREBUS (Sir Michael Palin)
- Audible: The Tattooist of Auschwitz
- Audible: Finish Stephen Fry’s Victorian Secrets – this is such a good series!
- Bertie: outline episode 2
- Bertie: character bible
- Study a writer per month – on screen, book or documentary. December I watched a George Orwell documentary. January is Michael Palin (I am currently reading his Diaries: The Python Years 1969-1979). I intend to move onto his travel diaries straight after this – which leads me to my favourite quote of his.
“Once the travel bug bites there is no known antidote, and I know that I shall be happily infected until the end of my life” Michael Palin
Happy 2019 to all!